Outstanding Teaching and Learning in Secondary RE (virtual event)
This course will update secondary teachers and subject leaders on current issues in RE and explore the way Ofsted is inspecting RE in schools. It will introduce teachers to a number of different approaches and practical strategies to improve the delivery of RE at KS3 and 4.
• Develop an understanding of ‘deep dives’, examining the way RE is being inspected by Ofsted under the new framework
• Utilise the new RE syllabus to create planning frameworks for KS3 RE
• Explore ways of enhancing learning: making learning stick, interleaving knowledge, Cornell note-taking, developing hermeneutical skills
• Develop an understanding of worldview literacy and a worldviews approach to the subject
• Using scriptural reasoning as a tool to deepen subject knowledge