Project X CODE is a 2 day balanced reading intervention based on a structured progression of phonics, comprehension and vocabulary skills.
NOTE: Schools will need to have a set of Project X CODE reading books and Handbooks 1 and 2 to accompany the training course. These are available to purchase separately from Oxford University Press.
Objectives for TAs:
• To develop their reading subject knowledge and wider effectiveness
• To enable them to adapt and deliver Project X CODE sessions which meet children’s need
Objectives for pupils:
• To improve pupils’ phonic skills
• To develop comprehension and extend vocabulary
• To increase motivation to read and therefore reading enjoyment