Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use my old CPD or e-store login details on the new site?
The new SHOP is on a different platform to both our old e-store and CPD online systems and because your login details were encrypted, it was not possible to transfer passwords into the new system.
Your establishment is likely to already be in the new Shop database, so please register for a new user account (this takes just a minute) and you will be able to access products, services and training immediately.
Is the password case sensitive?
Yes. Passwords must be typed in the case they were created in. They do not require a capital letter, but must include some letters and some numbers.
I’m CPD Leader and I do not want anyone else in my establishment to be able to purchase Training and Conference products.
By default all new user registrations will be able to add any type of product to their establishment's basket and will be able to check out these products. If you do not want to allow everyone checkout permissions your SHOP school account administrator will be able to manage user permissions.
Your establishment’s account has four levels of user permissions:
- Administrator (this is likely to be the person who is authorised to purchase SLAs e.g. headteacher, SBM, school administrator): this type of user will be able to add any product (subscription, consultancy, training, resources) to your establishment’s wish list, transfer wish list items to your basket and checkout your basket. They will also be able to assign user permissions to other users in your establishment. The Administrator of the account will automatically receive an email notification whenever a new user registers at their school.
- CPD: this type of user will be able to add training and resource products to your establishment's basket and checkout these products.
- SLA: this type of user will be able to add service level agreements (consultancy and subscription services) products to your establishment's basket and checkout these products
- Digital Resources: (all other users with accounts attached to your establishment): this type of user will only be able to checkout digital resources and add other products to your establishment's wish list
The person/people with Administrator permissions will be able to remove user permissions from other users’ accounts in your establishment e.g. make them default users only with no purchasing permissions.
How do I get school administrator account permissions?
Contact us at BabcockEducationSW@babcockinternational.com and we can set this up for you. Please send us an email from someone in your school leadership team, school business manager etc. and provide us with your username (email address) for the establishment for which you require admin account permissions.
I’m a CPD Leader – I am not able to checkout training products nor can I add delegate names.
You will need to contact your school administrator or headteacher, who should have the user access to manage school users' permissions on the Shop. Ask them to give you permission to checkout CPD products. This will mean that you will be able to:
- Add courses and conferences to your school account wish list and basket
- Add delegate names to places that you purchase (even if those members of staff do not have a user account on the new system)
- Checkout your CPD purchases
- View your school account purchasing history to see what CPD you have purchased and what delegate names you entered for each course (whilst the new SHOP will not provide a CPD record for each member of staff, you will be able to see what you purchased and for whom)
One of the users has left my establishment. How do I remove their account?
Users aren’t removed from the system in order to ensure you have a complete order history against your setting.
If the staff member has left, your organisation administrator can suspend their account, so they no longer show in the school’s view.
I have moved to another setting. How do I update my account?
You will need to register again for a new account using the e-mail address and details of your new employer.
My e-mail address/name has changed. How do I update my account?
If your whole setting has changed their e-mail addresses (e.g. gone to a different server, or joined a MAT/federation), please contact us and we will do an update for all users on the system. We will then e-mail all users with their new usernames.
If an individual user has changed their e-mail address, you will need to register for a new account, as the e-mail address is the username and will be associated with past orders.
I’m a CPD Leader – can I book training places on behalf of other people in my school?
Yes. When you add training places to your school basket you will be prompted to add the names and contact details of the delegates who you would like to attend the course. The people you add as delegates do not need to have user accounts on this site.
How will I download certificates from the new SHOP?
From 1st April, certificates will be handed out at the end of each training course. Electronic copies will not be stored on the new SHOP site. The new SHOP site is a purchasing site, not a CPD record keeping system.
I have clicked a product filter, but there are no results appearing.
There are currently no products available under that filter. Please try another category by using our menu at the top of the site, and also check back regularly to see for any new products or courses that have been added to the SHOP.
Do I have to name my wish list?
Yes. Products cannot be added to an unnamed wish list. Once created, the wish list will stay on the SHOP so you can access it and add/remove additional products at any point.
Can I save my basket and come back to it later?
If you create an account on our SHOP, any items added to the basket or wish list once you have logged in will remain in there until you remove them.
If you have no account on the SHOP, then your basket will not be saved.
How do I checkout a quote that has been added for me?
Please log into your account on the SHOP and go to your account area by clicking on your name on the top right hand corner. Please then go to the quotes section, view quote, convert to basket and follow the steps to checkout.
Can I pay by card?
Any user who links themselves to a school or Early Years setting can request to pay by either invoice or credit card. Private individuals/organisations will only be able to pay via credit card.
How do I add a Purchase Order (PO) reference to my order?
When you come to checkout your items, you will be asked to put in a customer reference. If you enter your PO number there, it will appear on the order.
Please note that a PO number applies to all items within an order. If you would like different PO numbers to apply to different items, please check them out in different orders.
Can I add a note to my order?
We are unable to add a note to an order that will appear on your invoice, but notes against orders can be viewed in the "My Account" section of the website, so please do use that facility. Please ask us if you would like something to be added in, and we can do this for you.